We know air fryers have many purposes and can be used to cook many kinds of foods. With summer approaching, many people wonder if they can BBQ chicken in an air fryer.
To BBQ chicken in an air fryer, marinate the chicken first, then air fry it at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes on each side.
Method to BBQ chicken in an air fryer
- Coat your chicken pieces (about 2 lb) with a little oil, then ½ tsp garlic, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, and ½ tsp paprika.
- If the chicken is with skin, then put the marination underneath the skin as well so that it penetrates deep into the meat.
- Next, place the marinated chicken on the air fryer basket and ensure none of the chicken pieces overlap.
- Let the chicken air fry for 10 minutes at 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, flip the chicken and air fry for 10 more minutes at the same temperature.
- Optional: You can check the internal temperature of the chicken with the help of a meat thermometer. If the chicken is at 165 degrees Fahrenheit, then it is fully cooked.
- Now, spread BBQ sauce over the chicken, and you’re done!
Tips to make your BBQ chicken taste even better
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit. Put parchment paper on the air fryer basket for easy cleanup.
- If you’re cooking chicken breast, then pound it well for better results.
- Don’t put too many pieces of chicken altogether. Cook in different batches and place the chicken in a single layer.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel before marinating.
- Make sure to flip the chicken halfway through!
- Use smoky paprika for an extra BBQ touch!
Making BBQ chicken in an air fryer is very simple. You don’t have to worry if you don’t have a grill; this article contains all the necessary tips and tricks to make the perfect BBQ chicken in an air fryer. Happy air frying!