Sandwich makers are, without a doubt, among the best kitchen appliances available. They are efficient, fast, and the ideal breakfast companion for you. You can also use them to make things other than sandwiches, such as toast and pancakes. This is why many people wonder if they can also be used to make chaffles.
Yes, sandwich makers can be used to make chaffles. This is because chaffles are pretty much the same thing as waffles, except that chaffles use savory ingredients. They are basically low-carb or keto-style waffles that are made with cheese and eggs.
Method to make chaffles in a sandwich maker
Follow these simple steps to make chaffles in a sandwich maker:
- Take a bowl, and break 2 eggs into it. Now add ½ cup of cheddar cheese and ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Mix both of these ingredients thoroughly. Then add 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour along with half a teaspoon of baking powder into it (do not use baking soda!).
- Now, add a teaspoon of either a flaxseed meal or half a teaspoon of husk powder. This enhances the cheese flavor in your waffles while making them chewy.
- Now, preheat your sandwich maker. A red light should turn on to indicate that it’s heating.
- When it is preheated, the red light should turn off, and a green light will turn on. Now simply grease your sandwich maker with some butter or oil. This ensures that your chaffles do not stick to the surface of the sandwich maker.
- Then pour your batter into the sandwich maker. This exact recipe should make about 2 chaffles. Close the lid tightly.
- Check up on the chaffles after about 2 to 3 minutes and check whether they are done or not. If they are done, you can take them out. Or else, just wait for 40 to 50 extra seconds.
- After turning it off, be sure to let the sandwich maker cool off.
Check out our waffles article if you’re curious about stuff like the best temperature for creating chaffles in a sandwich maker. These things remain the same because waffles are practically the same as chaffles.
Is it possible to use a jaffle iron on a gas stove? Learn now!
Final thoughts on making chaffles in a sandwich maker
A sandwich maker can easily be used to make chaffles. Though it may take some tries to get it right, you will eventually get the hang of it. Just make sure to follow our steps properly!