Microwaves and air fryers both are very important kitchen appliances. They are a must-have in every kitchen because they make your life so much easier. However, buying 2 different appliances can be a bit heavy on the pocket. That is why many people wonder, do they make a microwave air fryer combo?
Yes! They do make a microwave air fryer combo. Depending on your need, a microwave air fryer combo can work as a microwave and an air fryer both.
Check out our guide on the best microwave air fryer combos in the market right now!
How a microwave air fryer combo works
A microwave air fryer looks just like your typical microwave oven. If you want to use the microwave option, simply turn on the microwave mode. And if you want to use the air fryer option, select the air fry mode, and you are good to go!
The appliance features both an electromagnetic radiation production system for the microwave oven and a convection system for the air fryer.
Does an air fryer also use radiation? Learn here.
Reasons to get a microwave air fryer combo
Below are some reasons why you might want to consider buying a microwave air fryer.
- Microwave air fryer combos save countertop space as two appliances are combined in one.
- You get to enjoy at least 2 different cooking features. Apart from microwaving and air frying, some other common features of microwave air fryer combos include convection baking, steam cooking, dehydrating, toasting, and broiling.
- Less oil is needed when you air fry your food. This drastically reduces the number of calories. Learn whether you can deep fry in an air fryer or not.
- Microwave air fryer combos have higher wattage than normal air fryers. They run on 1500 watts or more, depending on the brand. This means that the food spends less time cooking in the microwave, which prevents them from getting rubbery.
- Microwave air fryer combos are bigger than countertop air fryers. They usually come with metal racks providing you with more space to cook food.
What kind of pans can be used inside an air fryer? Read now.
A microwave air fryer combo is the best of both worlds. You can use this appliance to microwave food or for air frying. It saves up countertop space and makes cooking much more efficient. Moreover, you don’t have to get both appliances separately this way!