Oranges are a very delicious fruit that provides many benefits. They can be used in a variety of recipes and add a unique flavor to them. Drying oranges is an excellent way of storing them for later use. This is why many people wonder whether they can dry oranges in an air fryer.
Yes, you can dry oranges in an air fryer. Set the air fryer to 180 degrees Fahrenheit and dry the orange slices for 1-2 hours (preferably in dehydrate mode), flipping them every 30 minutes. These dried oranges can then be used for many purposes, like cake garnishing and Christmas decor.
Easy method for drying oranges in an air fryer
- First of all, wash the oranges thoroughly with cold water.
- Now take a sharp knife or a cutter to cut into thin slices, approximately around 0.5cm to 1cm. If you cut them too thin, they will crumble after losing all the moisture.
- Place the orange slices in a single layer on the air fryer basket or tray. Ensure that they aren’t overlapping, as this would result in uneven drying.
- Set the air fryer temperature to 180 degrees Fahrenheit and put the basket inside. Use the dehydrate mode/option on your air fryer if it has one.
- Now, wait for 1 to 2 hours until they completely dehydrate. The time taken could be more or less than this, depending on the type of oranges you are using and the thickness of the slices. Keep flipping them after every 30 minutes.
- Once they are completely dry from the edges and the inside doesn’t look jelly-ish anymore, this means that they have dried successfully. Take them out and let them cool before using.
Just like orange slices, is it possible to dry herbs in an air fryer too?
Storing dried oranges
If you store these oranges in an airtight container in a cold, dry place, they should last approximately a year. However, if you store them somewhere warm, they will only last three months.
Did you know that you can dehydrate strawberries and figs in an air fryer too? Learn today with us.
You can use an air fryer to dry oranges very easily. The process is pretty straightforward, and anyone can do it with ease. We hope that our tips were useful! Keep the dried oranges in a cool place, as this will preserve them for longer for later use. Happy air frying!