Omelets are the go-to breakfast option for all of us! With how soft and appetizing they are, no one can pass up on a good ol’ omellete. But cooking an omelet does involve washing a bunch of dishes in the end. It can also end up fatty due to all the added oil! So, we bring you the perfect alternative to a pan-fried omelet, an omelet made in the microwave within a cup!
No extra dishes required! Only one microwaveable cup needed. Add in whatever ingredients you love best besides our star egg. Enjoy it in the morning or at the brunch, it’ll surely fill up your tummy!
Also, if you’re worried about your omelet turning out uncooked then stop worrying right now! Microwaves are known for cooking the food thoroughly from the inside by heating up the moisture within the food. This gives us even and proper cooking throughout the dish.
If you’re curious to find out more about different microwave cooking tactics then give Best Microwave Oven Tips a read. Now, get ready for a creamy mouth meting omelet. Let’s get into the recipe!
Recipe for the best microwave omelet in a cup
- Microwavable large mug
- 2 eggs
- half a teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon milk or water
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- quarter teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chili (optional)
- 1 tablespoon onion chopped finely (optional)
- quarter teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped tomatoes (optional)
Also read our in-depth review and buyer’s guide on the top microwaves under $150!
- Take a large microwaveable cup/mug. Oil it up on the inside.
- Now, break two eggs and put them inside the cup.
- Put in 1 tablespoon of milk (you can take one tablespoon of water as well but milk will give you a creamier and fluffier texture). This will ensure that your eggs have enough moisture to cook. Otherwise, they’ll probably explode.
- Add in a quarter teaspoon of salt, a quarter teaspoon of pepper, and all the vegetables you’ve prepared along with the cheese.
- Give all of that a good mix and place the cup into the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Once done, carefully take the cup out and give it a quick mix before placing it back into the microwave for 30 more seconds.
- Take the cup out again, give it a mix, and place it back into the microwave for a final 30 seconds.
- Keep in mind that the timing may vary based on how powerful your microwave is. It can vary between 20 to 30 seconds per round.
- After that’s done, you’ll get a perfectly cooked soft omelet!
And there you have it! A perfect breakfast made in no time. Enjoy this microwave omelet with a cup of tea or with a side of toast, you’ll surely love it either way. Make sure to check out our best commercial microwave oven article. These microwaves can instantly cook your meals! And these microwaves are splendid for a home kitchen as well!
We hope you liked our microwave omelet in a cup recipe! Do try it out soon. It yields the perfect low-fat omelet anyone could enjoy. Check out more of our microwave recipes for quick cooking and microwave hacks!