There is no difference between a corner stove and a regular stove other than the placement. Some people choose corner stoves as a design choice, while others are bound by space restrictions. So, can you put a stove in the corner of the kitchen easily?
Yes, you can certainly put a standard-size stove in the corner of a kitchen if you take the right safety precautions. You should keep a distance of at least 12 inches between the back wall and the stove to avoid fire hazards.
This is not the most convenient placement if it’s not properly done; therefore, it is best to hire a contractor if you lack professional experience.
Pointers for corner kitchen stove installation
Safety precautions and non-awkward installation are important when choosing to set up your stove in a corner. Here are some pointers to keep in mind when doing so:
- It is a good option to install a false wall behind the stove. If there isn’t one, the side wall can catch fire. Here’s how to build a false wall!
- Proper ventilation is important when installing.
- The stove should be ventilated and distanced from the wooden cabinets. Should a stove be distanced from a refrigerator too? Click here to learn now!
Advantages of a stove in the corner
Here are all the pros of installing your stove in the corner!
- You can apply the work triangle principle while cooking on a corner stove.
Note: This theory suggests how your workspace placement should be in the kitchen. This means that you should place your sink, stove, and refrigerator in a triangle for easier and more efficient access. Click here to learn more.
- Makes it easy to navigate through the kitchen workspace.
- If you have a stove in the corner, you can get more storage space below the ventilation unit. To allow air flow and ventilation, can a stovetop be placed in front of a window? Learn here.
Disadvantages of a stove in the corner
There are definitely some cons to putting a stove in the corner. They are as follows:
- Stove tops can be difficult to reach, and cooking against a wall can be uncomfortable.
- Reaching across oven doors can be tricky due to unusual angles.
- This placement can take up a lot of space and can cut back on storage.
Corner stove installation dimensions
The 30-inch and 36-inch wide stoves are ideal dimensions for a corner stove. The only difference between the two is the number of burners. The 30-inch stove generally has four burners, while the 36-inch stove has six.
A 30-inch stove should be 45-48 inches away from each wall on its sides. However, a 36-inch stove should be 51-54 inches away.
Lastly, the upper cabinets should be at least 24 inches away from your stove according to building regulations to avoid fire hazards.
You may also like: Can you put air fryer on stove top?
A corner kitchen stove can make the kitchen space very integrated but, at the same time, very awkward too. If you measure the dimensions and figure out the installation, then it can be a good fit. Make sure you don’t force the idea of having a stove in the corner of your kitchen!