Whether it’s a fountain of cheese or chocolate, nobody has the heart to throw away leftover fondue. Are you wondering if you can reheat fondue?
Yes, you definitely can reheat fondue, and that too without losing its original flavor and texture. You can use a stovetop, microwave, or a double boiler to reheat fondue.
Yes, you can reheat fondue in a microwave. It is the fastest way to reheat your cheese or chocolate fondue. Just microwave the fondue in 15 seconds intervals; make sure to fold and mix after every 15 seconds to get rid of lumps. Do not overheat the fondue, or it will separate.
Double-check your microwave’s temperature to lower the risk of overheating.Although using a microwave is quick, it is risky too.
- Choose a microwave-safe container of appropriate size and pour your fondue in it.
- If the fondue appears too thick, add a splash of cream or milk to thin the consistency.
- Microwave your fondue in 15-second intervals and fold it (mix it) after each interval. Keep heating it until it is completely smooth and lump-free.
Yes, you can reheat fondue on a stovetop! Reheating fondue on a stovetop is one of the best methods and requires less effort than other methods. It is most suitable when reheating cheese fondue.
Moreover, unlike the microwave method, you can reheat fondue on a stovetop in one go.
- Grab your non-stick pan and place it on the stovetop.
- Set the stovetop on medium-low heat.
- Add a tiny amount of butter to the pan, then add a dash of either milk or cream and let it heat up.
- Pour the fondue into the pan once the milk and butter are at an appropriate temperature. After that, keep mixing the fondue.
- Once your fondue comes to a boil, set the flame to low.
Note: Keep mixing it through the entire process to avoid a lumpy and gritty fondue.
Yes, you can reheat fondue in a double boiler! Many argue that using a double boiler to reheat fondue is best. You get significant control over the temperature and how many times you want to reheat it. Although, this process is slow compared to others, so go with other methods if you’re in a rush.
- Grab the most bottomless pot you have and fill half of it with water.
- Boil the water and place a glass bowl above.
Note: Ensure that there is a gap between the bowl on top and the water below.
- Set the stove to a medium-high setting.
- Pour in your fondue and keep mixing it using a spatula throughout to prevent it from sticking to the bottom.
- Continue mixing your fondue until it becomes smooth, liquidy, and loses all kinds of lumps.
No, it would be best if you did not reheat fondue multiple times. If it is cheese fondue, you risk curdling the cheese. In the case of chocolate fondue, reheating it again and again can burn it.
Reheating chocolate and cheese fondue is quite similar. You can use a microwave, a stovetop, or a double boiler to reheat chocolate fondue.
Simply reheat your chocolate fondue in the microwave at 50% power until warmed. Stir it between 15-second intervals to get a smooth consistency.
Here is a related article on reheating hot cocoa that you may find interesting!
Yes! You can freeze your leftover cheese fondue to save it for later. It will stay good for 2 months. Although, depending on what type of cheese you use, it can lose some taste.
You can do so much with leftover fondue! Whether it’s cheese or chocolate, you can enjoy it in a cup. You can also use chocolate fondue as a great sundae topping. If you have leftover cheese fondue, you can stir your meat in it or even make a delicious grilled cheese sandwich.
You can make cheese fondue 1 day ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator. You can gently reheat it in a double boiler using some simple steps when it is time to serve.
Leftover fondue will stay good for 3 days in the fridge.
Manufacturers often mention best-before dates for chocolate and cheese products to ensure up-to-the-mark quality. These dates are in terms of taste, smell, and texture. Be mindful of the products used while making fondue. If you freeze fondue, it will last you for 2 months. Although if you refrigerate it, it’s best to consume it within 3 days.
Fondue is an irresistible treat! No one should ever waste cheese or chocolate fondue. Enjoy this delicious delight even when it’s leftover with our step-by-step guide, and you won’t go wrong!
Just make sure you don’t make it lumpy while reheating!
Don’t stop here, continue to learn about reheating by following this guide on how to reheat ganache!