Grilled cheese is always a good option when making a quick snack for yourself, especially when cravings kick in. It’s a super-quick and effortless snack that can be prepared within no time and served either hot or cold. However, some people find themselves caught in a never-ending nuisance of burnt-out grilled cheese.
This is why today we will be going through a guide on whether you can reheat a grilled cheese? A common misconception is that reheating a grilled cheese makes it lose its crunchy texture. We are here with a few methods that will help you reheat grilled cheese while maintaining its texture and flavor.
Yes, you can always consume your leftover grilled cheese. There are various options; you can both reheat it and have it as it is, or you can also chop it and use it in salads or even in soups as croutons.
Yes, you can reheat your leftover grilled cheese in the microwave. However, the only disadvantage of doing so is that you will have to cover the grilled cheese with a lid while it’s reheating. In case you don’t cover it, some parts will become too hot while others will remain cold and turn mushy due to uneven heat.
This process is super-easy and one of the most convenient methods of reheating a grilled cheese.
- Grab a soft cloth and wrap your grilled cheese in it.
Tip: Never use plastic wrap for wrapping grilled cheese because the microwave heat will cause it to melt.
- Put your wrapped grilled cheese on a microwave-safe dish.
- Let it heat for around 2 to 3 minutes.
- In case you feel that grilled cheese hasn’t reached the desired level of crispiness, you can heat it further for a few minutes.
Other than using a microwave, there are several other methods that you can employ to reheat your grilled cheese. These include using an air fryer, a toaster oven, a stove-top, and a grill.We have discussed these in detail below for your ease!
You can use an air fryer to reheat your grilled cheese. Using an air fryer will only take a few minutes to get your grilled cheese reheated perfectly. Here’s what you need to do:
- Place your grilled cheese in the air fryer basket.
- Set the air fryer temperature settings to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let your grilled cheese reheat for 2 to 3 minutes.
Reheating your grilled cheese in a toaster oven is the best possible method. Different models of toaster ovens have different features; however, they can all get the grilled cheese reheated quickly. Here’s what you need to do:
- Plop the grilled cheese in the oven toaster for reheating evenly on both sides.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let the sandwich reheat for about 5 to 8 minutes.
Note: Be mindful about the duration of heating, and make sure that the bread doesn’t dry out excessively.
One of the easiest and most reliable ways to get your grilled cheese reheated is by heating it in a pan on a stove-top. The best thing about this method is that no additional equipment is required- you just need a stove-top and a non-stick, and you are good to go! Here’s what you need to do:
- Grab a non-stick pan and put it on a stove-top to heat it before placing your grilled cheese.
- Once the pan has heated sufficiently, place the grilled cheese in it and let it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip sides once half of the reheating time has elapsed.
If you have a grill within reach, you can use it for reheating grilled cheese quickly.
- Sprinkle a few drops of olive oil on the grill plate.
- Carefully put the grilled cheese on the grill.
- Now let it reheat for around 2 to 3 minutes.
The best way to reheat frozen grilled cheese is to heat it on a low setting in the microwave on both sides for around 60 to 90 seconds. If you want a crunchier texture, you can heat it further in a pan for 30 to 45 seconds on each side.
Is grilled cheese good cold?
Yes, you can eat grilled cheese cold. However, it doesn’t taste that good. To enjoy the original flavor of warm grilled cheese, you can always reheat cold/frozen grilled cheese.
How long does a grilled cheese sandwich last?
Grilled cheese sandwiches will easily last up to 2 to 3 days if stored in the fridge.
To reheat melted cheese, grab a microwave-safe bowl and pour the melted cheese into it. Put the bowl in the microwave for 5 minutes. For the initial 3 minutes, make sure to stir the cheese every minute. Finally, stir the cheese for the final 2 minutes for every 30 seconds. This way, you will get perfectly reheated melted cheese.
Now that you know how easy it is to reheat a grilled cheese, you don’t have to force cold grilled cheese sandwiches down your throat anymore!
We have explained all the possible methods that you can use to reheat grilled cheese. Pick the one that suits you best and enjoy warm and delicious reheated grilled cheese sandwiches in a few minutes!